- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety – http://www.iihs.org/ – The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is an independent, nonprofit scientific and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses — deaths, injuries and property damage — from motor vehicle crashes. The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) shares and supports this mission through scientific studies of insurance data representing the human and economic losses resulting from the ownership and operation of different types of vehicles and by publishing insurance loss results by vehicle make and model. Both organizations are wholly supported by these auto insurers and insurance associations.
- Drunk Busters – http://drunkbusters.com/ – In 1995, Curt Kindschuh started Drunk Busters of America. Curt and his staff have now worked with tens of thousands of customers in at least 96 countries. A volunteer with Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) from 1990-2002, he worked full time as the Wisconsin State Executive Director of MADD from 1994-1997. Additionally, for 4 years he was a part-time instructor for the Group Dynamics Traffic Safety Program, which is mandatory for 1st time convicted drunk drivers in Wisconsin. Until his commitment to Drunk Busters of America forced him to cut back, he also taught criminal justice classes at a local college. Curt knows and understands impaired driving. He has arrested drunk drivers, investigated fatal crashes, counseled convicted DUI offenders and worked as an advocate for victims of impaired driving crashes.
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers – MADD mission is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking. http://www.madd.org/
- The Traffic Guy – Reed is a Contributing Editor to the popular website LACar.com which means he gets to drive and review some really sweet rides! http://www.reedberry.com/
- Mr. Traffic: Since 1987, KENNY MORSE, is better known as “MR. TRAFFIC” to his viewers on Television, on his many radio shows and in his famed traffic school classes at The Improv Traffic School. In his role as “MR. TRAFFIC,” Kenny Morse tries to raise the awareness of all drivers that driving IS the most dangerous thing we do in our lives and that we all have to drive as if our lives depended on it. As the #1 most requested “Comedy” Traffic School Teacher in Los Angeles, Kenny has been working hard to make the roads of America a safer place. https://www.mrtraffic.com/
- Drive Home Safe: Providing information of Auto Innovation, Auto tech to drive safely, FAQ: Auto Safety and Teen Driving. Also for parents and future teen drivers needing solutions, instruction, statistics and education on everything about safe teen driving. http://www.drivehomesafe.com/
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Our mission is to save lives, prevent injuries, and reduce economic costs due to road traffic, crashes, through education, research, safety standards, and enforcement. https://www.nhtsa.gov/
- Teen Drivers: TeenDriving.com is the #1 site for new drivers. Here you’ll find lots of great info, including tips for getting your license, buying a car, finding an online driving course, parallel parking, and more! Our new site includes more features about and for Teen Drivers in an easy-to-use format. Check it out!
Temps Test Resources:
If you are nervous or anxious for the State Temporary Permit test, utilize these toolkits to help ensure you are best prepared and get the best practice. After 52 years of teaching for generation’s, we have found great success in preparation to be a safe and skillful driver for a lifetime.
- DriversPrep.com: A nationwide test bank with 500 questions; 25 pulled at a time, 80% to receive a “passing score,” and it is a free, anonymous and top resource that will provide information on the correct answer – https://driversprep.com/wisconsin/
- WPDSA: The Wisconsin Professional Driving School Association is a partnership with numerous top driving schools in the state to put together an additional handbook and more for students who need another perspective on knowledge for Driver’s Education –
- General Resource Page : https://wpdsastudents.org/resource-page.html.
- WPDSA Drivers Handbook : https://wpdsastudents.org/new-driver-s-manual-home-page.html
- State of WI Motorists Handbook: https://wisconsindot.gov/Documents/dmv/shared/bds126-motorists-handbook.pdf