Teaching Drivers Education For Generations!
- Spring 1962: Ray Ries completes the Secondary Teachers’ Driver Education program at the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh. He is now qualified to teach Driver’s Ed at the high school level.
- Summer 1962: Ray introduces Driver’s Education in Fond du Lac by teaching the first 19 students Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel at Goodrich High School (now formally known as Fond du Lac High School).
- 1967: Ray begins a twenty year legacy of full-time Driver’s Education instruction at Goodrich High School.
- 1968: The State of Wisconsin passes a law requiring students under the age 18 years old to take Driver’s Education.
- 1969: Ray establishes Ries Driving School, teaching Classroom part-time in the basement of his home. The fleet of vehicles for the first Behind-the-Wheel program was a 1969 Ford Galaxy. Family members help run the business at home as they are able.
- 1986: Ray’s son Joe becomes a licensed Driver’s Education instructor through the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh.
- 1989: Joe Ries acquires Ries Driving School and begins offering full-time private Driver’s Education.
- 1991: Ries Driving School moves to 339 South Main Street.
- 1992: Joe hires the driving school’s first office manager.
- 1994: Joe begins the remodeling process at 339 South Main Street, expanding the service area to include Waupun and Campbellsport.
- Presently: Ries Driving School’s headquarters are at 643 S Military Road, and services communities in a 40-mile radius providing Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel programs. The Behind-the-Wheel fleet of vehicles consists of seven cars; a mix of Toyota Prius’ and Toyota Camry Hybrid’s.
- In the summer of 2020, Joe’s oldest son Evan becomes a state licensed Behind-the-Wheel and Classroom Instructor through the Department of Transportation in the State of Wisconsin, becoming third generation.